The dessert recipe we recommend here is extremely easy to prepare. But, more importantly, it’s abundant in healthy monounsaturated fats, otherwise known as MUFAs. It’s particularly suited to those on a weight loss regimen because the recipe is part of the 28-Day Shrink Your Stomach Challenge. On the plus side, you can combine it with your favorite nut butter and sweet toppings to make the most delicious dessert that’ll not only boost your health, but will also reduce your waistline.
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened natural nut butter (any of the following will do – cashew butter, peanut butter, or almond butter)
- 1/3 cup total of crushed or chopped nuts and seeds of your choice (almonds, pistachios, sesame seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes, etc.)
Alternatively, you can add unsweetened cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, raw cacao nibs, and sea salt.
- Peel the banana then spread a thin layer of nut butter all over it.
- Put the crushed seeds and nuts on a plate and roll the banana over it. You can press gently to get the nuts and seeds stick to the banana.
- Cut the nut-coated banana into 1-inch thick slices.
- You can treat yourself to this amazing dessert immediately, or refrigerate it until solid and then store it in a zipped bag.
Note: Make sure that your daily serving doesn’t exceed 1/2 banana or 3-4 sushi pieces.