The herb we’re presenting today is a common spice we use almost on a daily basis – cilantro. Besides giving a nice flavor to our meals, cilantro offers numerous health benefits as well. It contains numerous beneficial compounds and essential oils which can boost your digestion and neutralize the acidity caused by certain foods. The herb is particularly rich in vitamin B, C, E and K. Here are its main health benefits:
- Regulates the blood sugar levels;
- Is a powerful diuretic;
- Stimulates the function of the liver;
- Eliminates excess fat from the body;
- Improves digestion;
- Treats mouth ulcers;
- Treats digestive problems such as constipation and diarrhea;
- Can cure most renal problems such as kidney stones;
- Treats and prevents conjunctivitis.
All these benefits clearly show that cilantro isn’t just a simple spice – add it to your daily diet in order to improve your overall health!