Tangerines, lat. Citrus reticulat, are Mandarin oranges, which are simply abundant in nutrients, like vitamin C, A, B12, and potassium, and help the absorption of iron.
Tangerines offer many health benefits and have a magnificent taste and fragrance. Moreover, they are a potent ally against pathogens in this winter, as they significantly boost the immune system. They also nourish the skin and hair and slow down the aging process.
However, the following guidelines will help you grow them at home, without the use harmful pesticides:
-Purchase the seeds or wash the ones you have saved from the fresh fruits. Then, you should find a small pot with commercial potting mixture.
– Put a couple of stones and sand at the base, and then fill it with natural soil, like compost, or peat greenery.
– Pour water over the soil in order to provide the needed moisture, and set the pot aside to drain until the mixture is lightly moist but not soggy. Then, place the seeds into the soil, but do not press them too hard in it. Again pour soil to cover them.
– Place the pot into a plastic bag or cover it with clear plastic, to preserve the moisture and warmth, and thus speed up the germination process.
– Place the pot in a warm place, as it needs a higher temperature. Water it regularly, as the soil should not be dry, but not soggy.
–You can expect the first seedlings in around 20 days. As soon as they appear, uncover the pot, and keep it in a place with indirect sunlight, at around 70 degrees F.
– You should fertilize it about three times a month during the spring and summer. For best results, use a liquid fertilizer, as it is rich in magnesium, zinc, and iron.
-As the plant starts growing taller and grounded, you should transfer it into a bigger container. You might need to change the container a few times as the plant grows, or you can plant it in the garden in the spring, in some warmer area.
-Remember to cut off the withered branches.
-Voila! That’s all!
With a little work and enthusiasm, you can have your own, organic tangerine tree in the garden, and enjoy these healthy fruits whenever you wish!