According to the latest study published in the journal Atherosclerosis pomegranate extract can effectively prevent and/or reverse arterial plaque buildup which usually leads to cardiovascular diseases.
The arterial plaque buildup causes progressive thickening of the arteries which is known as atherosclerosis. Pomegranate can stimulate blood flow and effectively reduce inflammation and high blood pressure. This amazing fruit can lower your triglyceride levels and prevent numerous heart problems, including heart attack.
12 ways in which pomegranates can help you improve your overall health
- According to a study from the University of Edinburgh, pomegranate stimulates fat burning. More importantly, it reduces visceral fat, the most dangerous type of fat.
- It contains high levels of antioxidants which prevent cardiovascular diseases
- It can lower bad LDL cholesterol levels.
- It cleanse the arterial plaque buildup
- Prevents blood clotting
- Numerous researches have shown that regular consumption of pomegranate can even be effective against prostate and breast cancer and diabetes.
- High levels of vitamin C fight against any kind of infections.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties which reduce inflammation.
- Pomegranate is good for healthy teeth because it contains antibacterial compounds that are helpful in preventing dental plaque.
- It’s very efficient in liver regeneration.
- Protects DNA because it contains phytonutrients and antioxidants interacting with DNA
- A study conducted by the Pediatric Research reveals that drinking pomegranate juice during pregnancy can protect newborns’ brains during traumatic births.
When choosing pomegranates, chose carefully, pick the ones with firm and smoot skin, without blemishes and cuts. It can last up to 2 months if stored in a fridge.
Many people don’t know how to properly clean a pomegranate. First cut off the top and slice it to quarters. Open it up and put each slice under water, using your fingers to take out the seeds. The seeds will sink to the bottom, while the membrane will float on the surface. Remove the membrane and take all the seeds up. Eat them just like that or season your sweets with them. Enjoy!